Sunday, May 18, 2008

It seems that whenever I complain about an Islamic driven ideology that supports the killing of any person who offends the ideology with such things as disrespectful cartoons, movies, books, or just plain dissent, I get the same response. First, any concrete example is met with the claim that this is not true Islam, no matter what the perpetrators claim. Secondly, I am reminded by my betters of some example from the myriad of historical examples where one religion or another has called for a massacre of innocents.

I don't really care what is true Islam and what is not when a Muslim says that Allah commands that he kill me, for whatever reason. And please, what do past religious slaughters have to do with me. If there are religious cults other than Islam currently issuing death threats, I say deal with them. But I haven't read of any.

I know there are millions of Muslims who do not support the radicals. But it is their duty to more forcefully speak out against them. Please!

No comments: