Tuesday, April 06, 2010

PLEASE FORGET THE PRAYER BREAKFAST

President Obama held an Easter prayer service the other day and it made the news as to how diverse the Christian attendees were.  Hey, if he puts on  a breakfast I don't want to hear the word Easter.  And as to diversity, I want to see a guest list of Muslims, Sikhs, Jews, Atheists, Hutterites, and every other color of belief.

This snuggling up to the religious community by Obama reveals a sad flaw in his thinking.  In general,  I am a fan of his and believe him to be an honest man, so I reject for now that he does this kiss-ass for strictly political purposes.  But then that leaves me to realize he is not the deep thinker I usually admire, which puts me in  a quandary.

I'll just have to live with it by remembering one of my basic principles of public policy:  We must learn to go for the lesser evil because that is usually all we will have.



No comments: