Monday, January 28, 2008

CAN WE SKIP THE PRAYER?


Prayer is a tool for brainwashing that is second to none. No one is expected by the
faithful to pray only once. Whenever we want something we are expected to pray for it. Whenever we like what happens we are expected to give a prayer of thanks. No, we are not supposed to ask why things happen. We are to accept the nonsense that someone named God is responsible for all good things. And if I repeat enough prayers, as I did in my naive youth, I'm apt to believe there is such a thing as God - a sort of self hypnosis. But I say count me out..

1 comment:

CountD$ said...

I recently didn't stand up for a pre-game prayer at a high school football game (public vs. private school) and one of my students was fairly freaked out. I can tolerate another person's ideas/opinions/faith about an unknowable question, but don't expect me to pay respect to a masochistic, poorly-written mythology. Give me evidence, Spokane.